Saturday, August 30, 2008

Comex 2008 and Spore preorder



Hey people, as the title says I went to Comex 2008 and got myself a pre-order card for Spore. So today at Comex, I went through all the levels in Suntec with my dad and uncle. We did not actually go there to buy anything, only just to look see, look see and collect some brochures to later research whether the stuff selling had any good deals or not. Seems like LCD TVs prices are going quite well and saw many people buying Samsung brand and carrying off with it. A funny thing I saw was that the dealers were putting alot of stuff along with the TVs like vouchers, cables and even trolley to get people to consider buying their goods there and then.

After we went through all the levels in typical slow inching fashion, I chanced upon a PS3 booth and tried out Drake's Fortune since apparently everybody was looking at the MGS4 game. The game movement were pretty easy to get into and within 3 mins I was already jumping off ledges and solving puzzles. I played for awhile and it really felt like a male version of Tomb Raider and I got stuck in a part of the game that required me to run across a snakey bridge which I fumbled around with the controls cos I wasn't in sync with the controller's joystick feel. Anyway, we finished our scouting at 5pm and left for home.

But before that, I went to Parkway Parade to get myself the pre-order card at Comic's Connection and check out the art of the card!

Pretty cool stuff eh? I liked the final touch of placing a spaceship in the name of the game. The card lets me get the game as soon as its released and hopefully I'll be able to retrieve all the goodies that's exclusive to the event on top of the art book, DVDs and poster of the game included in the Galactic Edition. So with the card I'll be heading over to Funan DigitaLife Mall and I'll be taking a few pictures of the release event next Sunday so that I can upload onto the blog. That's all for now, better be doing some work. Cya!

No comments: